CarbonX™ Carbon Fiber Nylon Filament – 2.85mm
- Chemical Resistance Chart
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
CarbonX™ CFR Carbon Fiber Reinforced Nylon Filament by 3DXtech® is a semi-aromatic polyamide copolymer reinforced with high-modulus carbon fiber. This filament is ideal for anyone that desires a structural component with high modulus, improved chemical and thermal resistance, excellent surface quality, and ease of printing. Tired of nylon that warps? This is the answer you’ve been looking for. Excellent dimensional stability comes from the carbon fiber and the semi-aromatic nylon.
Why is it important that CarbonX™ CFR Nylon is a semi-aromatic polyamide? Semi-aromatic nylons have a large cyclical structure in its backbone which makes them stiffer, more chemically resistant, less moisture sensitive, and have improved dimensional stability vs. aliphatic nylons such as PA6, PA66, and PA12.
CarbonX™ CFR Nylon (Gen 2) is suitable for use in practically any desktop 3D Printer that has a heated bed. Please note – carbon fiber reinforced filaments are abrasive and can wear out a brass or aluminum nozzle, for this reason, we recommend hardened steel nozzle
CarbonX™ Carbon Fiber Nylon Settings:
- Optimal Print Temp: 260-270°C is ideal, up to 290°C if needed. CarbonX™ CFR Nylon exhibits improved layer bonding at higher temperatures.
- Bed Temp: 80 – 100°C
- Bed Prep: Polyimide Tape, Clean glass with ABS/Acetone Slurry
- Nozzle: 0.4mm or larger hardened or stainless steel nozzle.
- Layer Height: Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter. We do not recommend printing layers below 0.2mm with CF Grades.
- Drying – VERY IMPORTANT: This product is supplied dry and sealed in thick 4mil pouch with several packs of desiccant. However, it is made using nylon and will absorb more moisture than other resins when left exposed to the environment. Excessive moisture will result in popping at the nozzle (water boiling off, a little steam) and excessive drooling and nozzle build-up. Make sure to keep this filament in a dry location between uses. If the filament does get wet, you can dry it out with a basic toaster oven (not one for the family food!). We recommend drying it for 2-3 hours at 70-80°C. Caution: Make sure to check back often to make sure you’re not distorting / melting the reel – the reel itself has lower thermal resistance than the nylon filament and will distort / melt before the nylon.
For tips on printing and best practices check out Printing with Nylon.
|Spool Sizes||750 Grams||500 Grams|
|Hub Diameter (mm)||53.09||53.09|
|Spool Diameter (mm)||201.61||201.61|
|Spool Thickness (mm)||63.5||53.98|