Black Elite PLA Filament – 2.85 mm
- Additional information
- Annealing Instructions
MakeShaper’s Black Elite PLA 2.85 mm (E-PLA) filament prints with the ease of our standard PLA, but can be heat treated/annealed to increase its temperature and impact resistance giving you stronger prints that surpass ABS. Our E-PLA (Polylactic Acid) is made in the USA providing:
- Higher impact strength
- Improved heat resistance
- Annealable for ultimate strength
- Improved printability
- Optimal Print Temp: 205°-235° C
- Bed Temperature: 40°-60° C
- Print Speed: 25-100mm/sec
|Spool Sizes||10 Kilograms||5 Kilograms||2.25 Kilograms||1 Kilogram||650 Grams||220 Grams|
|Hub Diameter (mm)||-||53.98||53.98||52.71||52.71||53.90|
|Spool Diameter (mm)||406.4||304.80||298.45||203.20||212||152.40|
|Spool Thickness (mm)||390.53||184.15||117.48||73.15||40||35.44|
1 Kilogram, 2.25 Kilograms, 5 Kilograms
Our E-PLA can be subjected to the post-printing annealing processes to improve impact properties and thermal performance.
- Recommended anneal temperature range: 110⁰C – 120⁰C
- The annealing process can be completed in an oven or other heat transfer medium…like a hot water bath
- Annealing time dependent on the wall thickness of the 3D print. We recommend around 20 minutes for a part with 0.125 in” wall.
- Material can be annealed in water but will result in a longer annealing time unless water is able to reach recommended temperature range.
- There is potential from the annealing process to cause shrinkage in the print. To determine shrinkage, we recommend measuring the part before and after the annealing process.